Second to None: Sophomore Faith Jackson wins Hoosier Indoor State Relays

Chloe Calcote, Staff Reporter

Coming in first place for 60M hurdles with a time of 9.31 at the Hoosier Indoor State Relays is none other than Faith Jackson. On Saturday, March 26, 2016, Faith Jackson traveled down to Purdue Lafayette to claim the first place position for 60M hurdles. Faith is a sophomore at Bishop Noll who runs track and plays basketball as well.  Although Faith is only a sophomore, she is ranked second in the state for hurdles. She not only comes in first in the majority of her races, but she also surpasses other female hurdlers who are at least two years older than her.

Faith admits that in middle school she wanted to try every sport, and so she did. After getting many compliments on how fast she was on the court while playing basketball, Faith began running track in the 6th grade.

“I play basketball, but I am not really sure which sport I love the most. As for right now, I love the both of them equally,” says Faith.

Winning the indoor state competition was a major accomplishment for Faith because she didn’t make it that far in the  competition last year.

“When I won the indoor state [competition], I wanted to cry because last year I didn’t even make it to finals. Therefore, I was very proud of myself but there is more work to be done,” she says.

When she graduates from  Noll in 2018, Faith plans to continue her track career on a scholarship. She also plans to extend her track career beyond college and run for the U.S.A. track team. As for now, Faith plans to join a track AAU team in the summer called, No Limits.

Faith track