Bishop Noll’s Media Center gets a facelift

Administrators hope to connect students with one another through technology

Ameer Lawrence, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll has been working to improve the media center for some time now, but some updates have taken a little more time than others.

Mrs. Cotey, Bishop Noll’s librarian, is really hoping that these updates are a huge success and play a bigger and better part for students and facilitates education and a better understanding of what the media center can become. However, updates have been currently postponed due to the fact that “Bishop Noll has been trying to raise the funds for the new updates and just trying to find enough space”. Since new principal Lorenza Pastrick, has arrived “everyone has their own unique vision” and everyone wants different things for the school.

Bishop Noll doesn’t just want to remodel the media center to simply look better.  As alumni and current students know, there is always a purpose to the mind of the Bishop Noll family.  

“The goal of this whole project is to create a more effective and welcoming learning space that reflects the needs of today’s students”, Cotey is quoted as saying.

“While the media center is being remodeled to be more modern and decidedly more technology friendly, books will not become obsolete.” According to Cotey, “they will just no longer be the primary focus of the media center, and will serve more as a back-up to the technology offered”.

Mr. Mullaney, President of Bishop Noll Institute, also commented on the matter. As many can attest to, the he media center has been the same for a really long time and, according to Mullaney, “It was time for the media center to be remodeled”. With the implementation of more technology and classes based around the use of technology, Mullaney believes that “We have to start putting in 21st century learning skills into what is taught”.

Mrs. Cotey and Mr. Mullaney both agreed that the purpose of this remodel to the media center is to help the students and allow them more opportunities.  According to Mullaney, The changes to the media center is “for the students and to set the bar for student success”.

Both  want students to become more hands-on and more ready to work with one-another in the hopes that it will allow more opportunities and more growth.The process of the renovation of  the media center may be a little slow right now, but it is met with hopeful spirits and the hope to make an impact on students mind, body, and soul.