Fine Arts Weekend

David Robles, Staff

On May 17-19, Bishop Noll Institute will be holding their yearly fine arts weekend featuring performances and exhibits from the band program, the choir, the theatre department, and the art department.

Each day will feature a different event dedicated to showcase one of the fine arts departments. On May 17, the band will turn the cafeteria into a coffee shop decorated with student-made art. Both the jazz and mariachi band will be performing on both the 17th at 7:00 pm and the 19th from 3pm to 5:30 pm. On May 18, the theatre department will head up the“ the theatre department will head up the “Night of 10  Minute Plays” from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm. The night of 10 minute plays all be directed, acted, and written by the students in the drama club. The person in charge of this part is Ms. Jones who hopes to shakes things up by alternating yearly between the night of 10 minute plays and a talent show. All three days there will be a art gallery held in the cafeteria and will contain all student made work. May 19 will be the spaghetti dinner fundraiser for the band it will be $8.00 a person for all you can eat and $5.00 for students and BNI faculty.

The band department is ran by Mr. Carioto who actually helped in the creation of this event along with his son, Mr. Mickey, and Mrs.Elizabeth Conley. Both the jazz and mariachi band will be performing on both the 17th at 7:00 pm and the 19th from 3pm to 5:30 pm. The band and choir will feature music from “The Lion King”, “ La La Land”, “Toy Story”,“ Selections from Sinatra” and so much more.

The art department is ran by Ms. Gwiazda who is pretty much doing the same thing as they as do ,but hopes to change things next year. Next year Gwiazda wants to bring in an Art Show Judge from a local college or high school and have categories where winners are chosen and ribbons are distributed, and of course have best in show and honorable mention winners. The art gallery will be available all three days and remember “don’t touch the art”.