Bishop Noll theatre students head to the theatre troupe state competition

Nataly Salas, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll theatre students attended the Theatre Troupe State Competition for the first time on Friday, Jan. 24. The BNI theatre students were able to perform and experience different professional workshops. 

The theatre students specifically chose to do either a monologue, short scene, solo song, or a duet song. 

Mrs. Kayla Konkle, theatre teacher, said  that her first experience at this competition helped her get a lot out of it as not only an educator but also as a director of the plays performed at Noll. 

“Personally, I’ve learned a lot about myself as an educator and as a director. I got to see some amazing high school theatre which pushes me as a director to up our level in our own performances,” she said.

Konkle also states that a few students from Noll that attended the competition even won ranking awards. 

She says “Nora Wragg won a Superior Ranking award in her solo musical performance. Hayden Kammer and Nora Wragg won an Excellence Ranking award for their duo acting performance. Isisha Rivera and Abigail Wojtaszek won an Excellence Ranking in their individual monologue performances.”

“Hayden Kammer and Nora Wragg won an Excellence Ranking award for their duo acting performance,” she said.

Senior Hayden Kammer says his experience was a great learning experience. 

“We had the opportunity to go to various workshops to further improve our acting,” he said.