BNI Christmas Concert ‘cheapest date in town’

Yulianna Nolasco, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll will be hosting their annual band and choir Christmas concert on Sunday, Dec.12, 2021 from 6:00pm- 8:00 p.m. in the auditorium.

Mr. Rocco Carioto, Bishop Noll’s band director, has created this year’s Christmas program featuring groups ranging from mariachi band to rock band. 

These bands have already started to rehearse for the Christmas concert.  “Usually, we transition into it the same time the last football game is upon us,” Carioto said. Carioto also said that the band will feature all kinds of holiday music. The music contains “Joy to the World”, “Silent Night” and the theme “The Polar Express”, to a special performance of “Carol of the Bells” featuring the BNI rock band. The jazz band will perform some music from “A Charlie Brown Christmas” and the mariachi band will also perform a traditional Spanish Christmas song. 

The choir will be singing “Last Christmas, “Silent Night”, “White Christmas” and a special song with the BNI rock band as well.

All 40 students will be performing in this year‘s BNI band concert. This concert will also serve them as their final exam. According to Carioto, they have to prepare and  perform as well as if they were performing in a professional symphonic program.

Carioto also says that the annual concert is a great way to get into the holiday spirit. 

“It’s the best ticket in town!” he says.  “We do not charge admission and the concert is family friendly with music for young and all. Santa makes a special visit at the end of our concert and stays at the end for family pictures. It is a cheap date… Come for the music and then go out for a meal. A great way to celebrate the holidays.”