Catholic Schools Week 2017 lineup

Megan Martinez, Features Editor

Each year, we gather as a community to celebrate what makes our school so special. A whole week of activities is planned for students and teachers alike to celebrate and enjoy our Catholic school. This year, Catholic Schools Week will run from Jan. 27 through Feb. 3, a whole week of differently themed days planned by campus minister Miss Stacia Bolakowski and the campus ministry team.

I want students to really take pride in our BNI community and all that we have as a family of faith,” said Bolakowski. “I also want them to enjoy the fun activities planned throughout the week.”

Activities for this year’s Catholic Schools Week include a surprise student appreciation event that Principal Lorenza Pastrick and the administrative team have planned, as well as the annual Catholic Schools Week mass, which includes several local grade schools. According to Director of Admissions, Mrs. Nancy Repay, seven other schools are set to attend, which makes Bolakowski expect about 1700 students, teachers and faculty in attendance.

The week of events for Catholic Schools Week is as follows:

Friday, Jan. 23–Kickoff to Catholic Schools Week

There will be a pep rally to honor the school’s winter athletes and band with performances from the dance and cheer team.

Monday, Jan. 30–Showcasing Community

Students are invited to wear shirts supporting Catholic schools. (Grade school, high school, or college) There will also be a supply for Sojourner Truth House all week, and the campus ministry team will make a trip to the Albertine Home after school on Monday.

Tuesday, Jan. 31–Student Appreciation Day

Students and teachers will be allowed to dress down in jeans or comfy clothes for the day. There will be Minute-To-Win-It game in the cafeteria during each lunch period and surprise activities is being planned for students by the principal’s office.

Wednesday, Feb. 1–National Catholic Schools Appreciation Day

We will begin our day with mass with the bishop and 7 local Catholic schools. There will be games and trivia for all students to participate in before and after mass.

Thursday, Feb. 2–Showcasing Vocations

Students are asked to dress up as their dream vocation/chosen profession which they wish to pursue after high school. During SRT students will be given the opportunity to speak with local priests in a Vocations Social Hour.

Friday, Feb. 3–Teacher Appreciation Day

Teachers will be provided with a continental breakfast, and students are invited to dress up like their favorite teacher or staff member.
“CSW is special because it is a chance for us to celebrate our faith in a very outward fashion,” said Bolakowski. “It is special to me because I love seeing members of the Student Ministry Team working together on a common goal to celebrate our fantastic faculty and staff.”