Pro-Life Prayer Service and Baby Bottle Project

Moira Deel, Staff Reporter

On October 4th, Campus Ministry went to the annual Prayer Service in Celebration of Life at the Franciscan Health in Dyer.  Catholic schools from all over the diocese came to this prayer service, including Andrean High School,  Aquinas,  Notre Dame, Our Lady of Grace, St. Casimir, St. John the Baptist,  St. John the Evangelist, St. Mary,  St. Michael the archangel, St. Thomas More, and St. Stanislaus.

The prayer service was presided by Bishop Donald Hying and Father Theodore J. Mens where there was music, a gospel, a homily and a cross installation for all the babies lost to abortion daily in our nation. Also a speech from Matt Schwartz, a Theological Consultant for Parish Success Group.

“I think pro-life month is the perfect time to help out the unborn children and their mothers by contributing to campaigns such as the baby bottle campaign. I am pro-life because I believe that there are other alternatives to abortion like adoption but I think that every person has their own opinion.” says Guadalupe Gonzalez, junior at Bishop Noll.

Since October is Respect Life Month Bishop Noll is having the Baby Bottle Collection. Each classroom is collecting money in a baby bottle bank to donate to the Women’s Care Center in Hammond. The class who donates the most money will receive a breakfast sometime in November. to Last year, the school raised $350, and this year, the goal is $500.

The money will will help women who are expecting and are unsure, can come into the Women’s care center and get spiritual and physical help.  “We should all be more mindful and prayer-filled about all stages of life, and how fragile and important life is.” says Ms. Stacia Bolakowski, Campus Minister. “The past two months have shown us that natural disasters and man-made tragedies affect each and every one of us. We need to protect all people who are marginalized and cannot help themselves for some reason.’