Season of giving

Bishop Noll continues to provide Christmas gifts for those in need despite Catholic Charities dropping their Adopt-a-Friend program

Ceasar Perez, Staff Reporter

Catholic Charities of Northwest Indiana has stopped doing their annual Adopt-a-Friend Christmas drive; however, Bishop Noll campus ministry is continuing the tradition of providing new gifts to those in need this holiday season.

According to Ms. Stacia Bolakowski, campus minister, Catholic Charities is in a current restructuring process and doesn’t have the manpower to run the Christmas gift drive.

Bolakowski explained that even though we are not helping a large group of individuals this year, we will do a quality job in helping them. 

“BNI is all about serving our local communities who are in need,” Bolakowski said. 

According to Bolakowski, there are three homerooms who have been “paired” to take care of the eight individuals Bishop Noll has adopted. The remaining four homerooms, as well as faculty, staff, and  administration who do not have homerooms are purchasing toys and clothes to assist St. Casimir parish and school with their Angel Tree program.

If every staff and student donates $2-3 each, the charity will continue. Most of the gifts are going to kids ages 5-15. Gifts are also being purchased for two adults. 

Bolakowski knows that the Warrior Nation has enough heart and compassion to end 2019 with some great donations to our Adopt-a-Friend at the Christmas program.

“We are embracing our call to serve others in whatever way we can,” she said.

Adopt-a-Friend 2019