Mrs. Ashley Knazur joins foreign language department

Julianna Martinez, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll’s foreign language department welcomed Mrs. Ashley Knazur, known as Senorita Knazur, to those in herSpanish 2 and 3 classes. She takes the place of Mrs. Klara Huss, who left to concentrate on teaching at the collegiate level. 

Knazur has been teaching Spanish for 7 years, previously coming from Marian Catholic, Chesterton and Seton Academy. She graduated from Valparaiso University as an undergraduate and went to Middlebury College for her master’s. 

Knazur said she has always liked Catholic schools like Bishop Noll where you are able to know many of the students, even if you do not have them in class. 

“Additionally, I love being free to talk about faith and how it helps and challenges us in our lives.  I look forward to my time here at Bishop Noll and getting to know all of you,” she said.

Knazur said she remembers a lot of different things while learning Spanish being challenging and there were many moments where she would think to herself that she could never completely understand it. But through practice and a lot of patience with herself, things started to become easier and she grew to understand Spanish. Since Knazur has learned the language, she has traveled and it has open ended may doors for her career. 

“It’s exciting to me to help students grow in something they may or may not fully understand,” she said. 

Knazur said she likes to help students better understand Spanish. She hopes to better the Spanish program that Bishop Noll offers. 

“I want to open up the opportunity to communicate to a whole new group of people and connect to so many new traditions and ideas,” she said.