BNI’s Women’s Empowerment Club will host movie night tonight, Feb.7 Guests should bring donation for Sojourner Truth House

Aaliyah Sierra, Staff Reporter

The Women’s Empowerment Club will be hosting a movie night Feb. 7 at 6:00 p.m. at Bishop Noll in the auditorium. As part of admission, all guests must bring a donation of non-perishable food items, a hygiene product, a personal item, paper, and/or a household products. 

The club will show the Disney movie, Brave, a film which features a strong feminist undertone, at the event. The launch party will serve as a charity event in collecting items for the Sojourner Truth House, a non-profit organization in Gary. 

Club sponsors say the goal of the event is to get word out about the club to young teenage girls at the surrounding feeder schools.

“This event is aimed at the middle schools participating in our mentorship program, to introduce ourselves and what we want to do,” says Komyatte. 

The club is a group of Noll students that mentor and uplift middle school girls and discuss issues pertinent to females today; their mantra is mentorship, charity and empowerment. 

The Sojourner Truth House is sponsored by the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ, who serve homeless and at-risk women, their children, and members of the community. The movie night is open to Noll and grade-school students. All visitors should enter through Door C. Refreshments and snacks will be sold.