Black Student Union Host HBCU Tour

Ariyah Taylor, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll’s relatively new Black Student Union has been working very hard in the past few years to become known and spread more love and attention to the Black community in the school. Last week, the BSU put together a virtual Historically Black College and University virtual tour. 

Junior Addison Mosley led the initiative with help from former counselor Ms. Ashley Comer, the founder of the Black Student Union. She put together a meeting with Jackson State University, Alcorn State University, and Southern University 

“I made this happen by myself and it makes me really proud of the way everything came together,” says Mosley. “It took a lot of energy making this happen, but to know that this will be something that happens every year is great. I am glad that I got the opportunity to make this dream of ours come true.” 

When it comes to comparing a traditional college to a HBCU, Mosley     believes that they are different because HBCUs offer a sense of welcome-ness as a place where no one feels left out. Attending an HBCU allows you to learn about the Black diaspora and recognize your worth. 

Senior Amaurii Fallen attended the HBCU virtual tour and was happy with their presentations. “Honestly, I kind of liked it,” Fallen said.. “I thought it was very inviting, the way they were telling us important information and introducing us to their schools.” He says that the college representatives gave him a “family-feel” which was very comforting. Although Fallen will not be attending a HBCU, according to his recent commitment to Illinois Wesleyan University, he is more than satisfied with the results of the virtual tour.