The Centennial Celebration Starts with BNI History

Nicole Diaz, Staff Reporter

On Thursday, September 16, all students among the Bishop Noll community are invited to celebrate the school’s Founder’s Day and Centennial Celebration. All events and activities, hosted by student groups and staff members, will be available for students outside in the fields to participate in and enjoy.

What started being planned by a student group two years ago became something bigger to the Bishop Noll community as the 2021-2022 school year marks 100 years of Catholic education at Bishop Noll Institute. On Thursday, the Centennial Celebration will “kick off” with a documentary of the history of Bishop Noll Institute.

“I believe our Founder’s Day History Documentary will make all Warriors … proud of our school,” said Mrs. Lorenza Jara Pastrick.

With much pride in the school and its community, students should expect fun events and activities they are invited to enjoy.

Following the Bishop Noll History Documentary video on Thursday will be a Mass and a cook-out with a variety of music and desserts! After a day of celebration, students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m. Students’ families and supporters will also be invited to join the community in Mass on Sunday, September 19 at 11:00 a.m., which will be followed by music, family entertainment, and more.

Students should expect schedules to change a bit during Centennial Week. Monday and Tuesday will be followed by regular schedules. Wednesday will be followed by SRT schedules, which are assigned to students accordingly. On Thursday, students will be dismissed at 1:00 p.m.  Students should also know that they will be expected to check in at assigned homerooms at 8:00 a.m., and will return to homerooms at the end of the celebration. Students and staff will not be in school on Friday and will have that day off.

“A sense of pride is important in a school of our size,” Pastrick said. “Pride paired with Mass, food, and fellowship— not sure what else students would need to be excited!”