Anatomy students take on the load with double the teaching power

The first class in Bishop Noll history to be co-taught by two teachers.

Hailey Wojtaszek, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll students are taking a deep dive into the human body with a project focused around the human skeleton in Anatomy, the only class co-taught by two teachers.

Taught by biology teacher, Mrs. Landey Marasas and environmental science teacher, Ms. Rosalie Schmidt, the class makes use of both teachers by giving Marasas the upper hand in the classroom, preparing her to take over anatomy completely in the future. 

According to Schmidt, “We feel that it is important to quiz frequently in order to cover the massive amount of topics in Human Anatomy.”

Schmidt came up with the idea behind the class from her own experience in teaching anatomy. Offered to juniors and seniors, the class is primarily full of students who intend on studying medicine in college.

“Students should take anatomy and physiology classes if they want to pursue a career in medicine or the sciences, as anatomy is the cornerstone of medical education,” Marasas said.

The class has currently been working on the human skeleton. Students were given differently shaped uncooked pastas to create a model of the human skeleton. 

Along with all the many projects they complete, they practice coloring skills and learn Latin and Greek root words tied to medical terms. 

Senior, Tsi-Tsi-Ki Rangel said, “Being taught Latin is helpful for me when remembering all these medical terms.”