Sophomore Sullivan provides leadership, motivation for girls soccer team

David Mendoza, Staff Reporter

High-scorer balances honors classes with three sports

Sophomore Megan Sullivan is a leader on the soccer field and in the classroom. She is an honor student, participates in varsity basketball and track, and is able to balance it all with little distraction. But as the high-scorer for the girls soccer team, she has the persistent goal of constantly hoisting Noll’s team up in the rankings.   

But Sullivan doesn’t like to take credit for her work. She says that the addition of new players has helped the team improve since last year.

“We have a very strong freshman class this year, and a very young team in general,” Sullivan says. “The skill level has definitely been elevated.”

Sullivan says the best game so far in the season was against Hobart. Hobart scored during the first half, but Noll responded with a goal right after. In the second half, Hobart scored once again. Although the girls team fought hard, they lost. But Sullivan says winning isn’t everything.

“A small victory like giving our heart the whole game is more victorious than beating a not so skilled team by 10 goals,” Megan says.

Although the team is young and has improved, Sullivan notices some weaknesses. She says the team needs to work on playing hard the entire game, not just parts of it.

“We have a lot of skill, but as players, we need to come together more to work harder as a team. One of our biggest difficulties is applying what we learn in practice, and using it in the game. We definitely have to work on some things, but overall we are improving,” Megan says.