Senior Barker four-sport threat

Mount Carmel transfer dominates football field and basketball court

Chloe Calcote, Features Editor

Four sport threat Jason Barker, senior, first graced Bishop Noll with his athletic presence in the second semester of his junior year.

Barker is a 6’5’’ transfer from Mount Carmel High School in Chicago, Illinois. He played junior-varsity basketball his first year at Noll and also got some playing time on varsity. One could say Barker is an all around athlete. He has been playing football for eight years as a wide receiver and free safety, basketball for four years as a small forward and a power forward, track for two years, and men’s volleyball for two years.

Although Mount Carmel is well known for their sports, Barker felt that Noll was a better fit for him.

“What motivated me about coming to Bishop Noll was when I played as an opponent in basketball. I got a really nice vibe from the fans and the atmosphere of the school,” he said. “So, when I was seeking to transfer, I felt Bishop Noll was the best choice for me.”

As he approaches this new season for sports, Barker hopes to lead his teams in multiple wins and lead at least one of his teams to a state championship. Barker says he has already been recognized by several colleges and universities for basketball, including Albion College, Lewis University, Rockford College, Governors State, and MaryGrove College. But if Barker had to choose one school he’d like to continue his basketball career, he’d choose the University of Florida.