Boys Soccer Brings Home the Conference Championship Win

Chloe Calcote, Feature Editor

Second to none in the Greater South Shore conference, the Bishop Noll Warriors boys soccer team claimed their victory as conference champions on September 29th against Covenant Christian. It was a close game but the Warriors fought to ensure a 2-1 win over Covenant Christian. Although the Warriors had beaten the opposing team before, they didn’t let the previous win determine the game ahead of them. For the warriors, this was a must win game and they were determined to do everything in their power to make sure they brought home the win. “We spent a lot of time in practice with rigorous drills. Even though the practices were exhausting, we were all motivated with the knowledge that this was going towards a win over Covenant Christian to win conference,” says senior, Daniel Cuevas. After completing the task of becoming conference champs, they felt nothing but happiness knowing that all the hard work they put it in, resulted in a well deserved outcome.However, they couldn’t bask in the excitement for too long because they had to refocus their attention on their first sectional game against Noll’s rival school, Andrean high school. The warriors had shut Andrean high school down earlier in the season with a 6-0 win, but the odds just weren’t in their favor in the first round of sectionals with a 4-3 loss for the warriors. According to Cuevas, the team had a lot of upsets this season but they always managed to stay strong in the face of adversity, putting all the effort they could give on the field, and overall becoming a relentless team. “We had a major slump this year; things just were not going right between our players and on the pitch. However, we all talked it out, shared our views, and finally united with a common goal of fixing our individual mistakes for the betterment of the team,” says Cuevas.Experiencing all of these moments together not only made them closer as a team but as people.“With time, the team has endured pain and celebrated high points together so much that now we see each others as brothers, willing to make sacrifices for each other and the team,” says Cuevas.