Boys basketball finds groove with win against Griffith

Challenging+first+game+for+the+Boys+warrior+team+against+Munster+boys+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++basketball+team.+Brendan+Scott+passes+by+Munster+defender+%2311+Dante+Spina+to+try+and+help+the++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++Warriors+win+the+first+game+of+the+season.+

Challenging first game for the Boys warrior team against Munster boys basketball team. Brendan Scott passes by Munster defender #11 Dante Spina to try and help the Warriors win the first game of the season.

Alexander Romo, Staff Reporter

With an initial rough start to the season, the Bishop Noll boys basketball team has finally found some momentum and plans to continue this pace for the remainder of the season..

The boys basketball team began the season by losing to Munster 63-57 and Morton 73-53. The team was desperate to change that and find some energy.

“We need to play better as a team and build some team chemistry,” head coach Mr. Josh Belluomini said.

The team seemed to do just that when they went out to play against Clark on Tuesday November 28th.

That win was a momentum swinger,” said senior captain Jaelon Brooks, who dropped 11 points in the 46-43 victory. 

The win against Clark and has put some energy into the boys. With the same energy, Bishop Noll went on to beat Griffith in a very intense match.

Forward Payton Hewlett said, “We just have to play as a team, and keep our composure under pressure.”  

Bishop Noll is now in first in the Greater South Shore Conference, but is still to prove more when they face of Wheeler and River Forest.

With the team gain momentum, they looks to keep moving forward and leaving behind the start of the season.

“Playing family basketball will help us to beat all the conference teams,” said senior guard Michael Quintero.

Bishop Noll’s next game will be this Tuesday at 7 p.m. at Bishop Noll as they take on Chesterton High School.