Harlem Wizards to play at Bishop Noll in February

Fundraiser open to all

Raina Gillis, Staff Reporter

The Bishop Noll athletic department will be hosting a fundraiser on Feb. 4 with the Harlem Wizards, a promotional basketball team with antics similar to the Harlem Globetrotters. The fundraiser will take place in the Bishop Noll fieldhouse and is open to the public. Doors will open at 6 p.m.

Mrs. Brandi Krolak, Bishop Noll athletic director, had the idea for the fundraiser after visiting the Harlem Wizards at the Indiana Athletic Conference in Indianapolis.

I was able to talk to the vendor and learn that it was an opportunity to have a ton of fun and make a little money in the process.”

The Harlem Wizards were created in 1962 by Howie Davis, a New York promoter. Similar the Globetrotters, they deliver fundraiser events for schools and nonprofit organizations. The Wizards will be playing a promotional game against teachers from Bishop Noll, St. Casimir, St. John Bosco, and St. John the Baptist. Krolak plans to see guests show up from those schools and the surrounding areas.

“It’s more than just a fundraiser,” Krolak said, It is an opportunity to bring our families together to be a part of something different and to have a great time.”

The event is a true entertainment for everyone of all ages. The Noll families, feeder school families, and outside community are all welcomed to see the game. Ticket prices are $7 for early birds, $10 for presale, and $12 at the door.

To make the event known to the student body, the athletic council will be hanging posters, sending emails, announcing the event over the intercom, and presenting a kickoff event at school. Krolak says the student body should invite their families and spread the word to as many people as possible. Krolak would like everyone to be in attendance to create an atmosphere loud with music, cheering, and laughter.

To purchase tickets, visit Bishop Noll or purchase online at www.harlemwizards.thundertix.com.