BNI’s Cross Country team has a new coach

Nicole Diaz, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll’s Cross Country team has a new coach this year, coach Colin Schreiber. Being limited in numbers, the Cross Country team has had a difficult time qualifying for winning at meets. With confidence in the team and new coach, Schreiber hopes to change that.
Coach Schreiber’s current goal as a coach is to have more people try Cross Country and join the team.
“My goals for this season were simple. I wanted runners to come out for the team and stick with it,” Schreiber said, “Cross Country is a difficult sport; you need to be very disciplined.”
Last Saturday, the Cross Country team ran at the Greater South Shore Conference (GSSC). A team runs for the championship against several opposing teams in the area. Cross Country senior runner Antoine Lewis won 8th place out of 39 for the boys team at the GSSC. The rest of the team is made up of girls, including Grace Buksa, who won 24th out of 45 for the girls team.
“I think it’s a good meet that has good competition,” said Grace. “It went pretty good.”
However, the runners were not able to qualify as a team since they did not have enough players at the meet.
Coach Schreiber wishes to recruit more people for Cross Country. He also promises to make every practice as fun, but progressive, as possible. Students should expect to improve at each practice!
“The team is very young – mostly freshmen and sophomores and limited in numbers,” said Schreiber.” “I expected to see a lot of early improvement, which did happen. We were not in a position to compete to win any meets— Inhope the team can get to that point in the years to come.”