Due to increased interest, 3 entrance exams added

Caitlyn Grcich, Social Media Editor

Bishop Noll is projected to have its largest freshman class in recent years. There were so many interested students that a third entrance exam was created to accommodate the increased interest in Bishop Noll.

Mrs. Nancy Repay, director of admissions, is at the forefront for incoming students, and has said, “To date we have had 200 students that the exam. We had another exam because we are still receiving calls from prospective students wishing to test. We usually have several small groups test after the initial test dates”.  

While a cap has not been put on enrollment, Bishop Noll states that its main priority is the “quality of education we provide” and Bishop Noll will not accept more students than they can accommodate. While there are many incoming freshmen, there has been very little interest from Seton, Bowman or Andrean transfer students.

Freshman registration night was March 17 and according to Mrs. Repay, “We’re hoping for 150 freshman, at least 100 new students on registration night”.

While there are a large influx of students is being readied for, Bishop Noll does not expect too many new modifications having to be made.

“If our student body continues to grow we will make the modifications necessary. I don’t anticipate any accommodations needed for several years”.

On Freshman registration night, a few students from the class of 2020 were interviewed. Cousin to junior Ariel Alvarez, Lillian Mota, of East Chicago Urban Enterprise Academy, was elated about becoming a Warrior caught the true mood of what it means to become a freshman at Bishop Noll. “I’m excited, it could take me to a different path in the future, it opens more opportunities to different things”.

Michael Fugger, of St. Thomas More, brother of Sophomore Julia Fugger also echoed Mota’s feelings towards being a Bishop Noll Warrior. “I’m excited, I’m glad I registered”, while he added, “I like the theatre program and the band program. That was the appeal to me”.