Noll Speech Team Continues Strong Season

On January 28th the halls were filled with black suit coats and the clicking of heels as the speech team held its first ever Noll Tournament.

Erica Campos, News Editor

Last Saturday, the Noll Speech team held its first speech tournament and represented Bishop Noll Speech very well. At the tournament, the Noll Speech team along with Culver Academy, Munster High School, Hanover High School, andGary Lighthouse Academy all came together to compete in various events. Although in the speech world this is considered a smaller tournament larger schools like Munster and Culver Academy are very tough competition. Against these hard competitors, multiple Noll Speech members placed in their events and earned the team a good amount of points.  

“I like to call us Speech Team Volume 2, because we are bringing speech back to Noll,” said Kevin Burgun the coach of the team.

Last year Bishop Noll sent Julia Fugger all the way to state for speech and this year the goal is to send even more. Past the state level, Burgun says he hopes to have multiple members compete at the nationals level. With almost all the members having earned enough points to join the National Speech and Debate Honors Society and being a consistent school who places in large tournaments, the future is looking very bright for Noll Speech. Last Saturday’s tournament was just another step toward creating Bishop Noll’s future Speech legacy.