Possible new schedule changes on the way

Caitlyn Grcich, Managing Editor

Bishop Noll is looking towards a new schedule for the 2017-2018 school year, which will be the biggest adjustment in recent years.
Principal Lorenza Jara-Pastrick has put together the schedule, which is looking to be a completely new one from the past three previous years. CCP looks to be taken away completely and a new, different implementation of SRT in the mornings.
“No final decisions have been made, but I’m leaning towards SRT Monday and Friday morning 8-840am and Wednesday at the end of the day to allow for presentations,” Pastrick said.

According to Pastrick, her goal is to make the current situation more effective for students and staff.
Despite the new schedule being implemented, Pastrick also hopes to bring a new class or two to the table. Prospective classes include a new English class for our upperclassman that focuses on multicultural pieces of literature. However, if students have ideas Pastrick will gladly listen.
For Pastrick, the new schedule was not without thought from students.
“I have discussed the idea with Faculty and Students, now in my department, heads are working on how we are going to scaffold the program to allow students who effectively use the time (honor roll students) giving them more independence and providing more structure for students who need it”.
Pastrick, who hopes to contribute the STREAM/STEM initiative, has ideas that are yet to be announced, but she is still doing her homework.