Fine Arts Weekend Brings Noll’s creativity together for a second time

The fine arts department had is second annual Fine arts weekend from May 19th to 21st.

Senior%2C+Mayra+Pena+preforming+a+solo+at+Band+and+Choir+concert.+

Erica Campos

Senior, Mayra Pena preforming a solo at Band and Choir concert.

Erica Campos, News Editor

Bishop Noll Fine Arts Festival

Last year, the Fine Arts department debuted its first Fine Arts Weekend; the weekend was such a success that it made a comeback this year. The fine arts weekend is a chance for the Fine Arts Department to showcase all Bishop Noll has to offer as far as acting, musical ability, and artistic creativity. This year the weekend included a jazz band/mariachi /string concert in the cafeteria on friday, a talent show in the auditorium on Saturday, and a Spaghetti dinner band fundraiser in the cafeteria as well as the Spring Choir and Band concert in the auditorium.

“The department works hard to produce work or display of skill and talent. Our BNI students are incredibly gifted, and their work deserves to be seen by the public,” said Mr. Michael Carioto, art teacher and one of the organizers of the Fine Arts Weekend.

This year, the talent show had offered students the ability to show their acting and musical ability. The show included musical performances by some members of the Mariachi band, singing performances by students of various grades, and some One Act performances that were first previewed at the One Act’s weekend the previous weekend.   

All of the money made during this Fine Art’s weekend goes to the Fine Arts Department as a whole, with the exception of the Spaghetti dinner which is solely a band fundraiser. This money will go toward the advancement of the Fine Arts Department and it’s future here at Noll.

“We are just happy that we, as a department, can showcase so much hard work together. Which is a testament to all the students as well as faculty that we can work together to create a wonderful event such as the Fine Arts Weekend,” Carioto said.