City Night Lights

Savannah Murray, Staff Reporter

As we all may know this year’s prom has to still follow the covid-19 guidelines and what better way to celebrate prom than taking it outside. This year Mrs. Florek came up with an amazing idea of having an outside prom.  This would be the first year that Bishop Noll will be hosting an outdoor prom. Students were indecisive about going to prom since it was outside, but when the details occurred, more students were interested.Many students thought this would be crazy, but wait until you hear the details.

This year’s prom will be held at the Whiting Park Pavilion on Friday, May 28 from 6 pm to 10 pm. Tickets are now on sale and will cost $50 per person. Tickets include a boxed meal, entertainment, a photo booth and professional pictures by Royce Photography. The deadline for buying tickets is Thursday, May 13. Parking is $5.

The meal choice for the evening will be provided by Steve’s Catering in Hegewisch and students have a choice of chicken or beef shish-ka-bobs or vegetarian pasta. Sides include rice, corn, salad and brownies for dessert. Students are asked to choose their meal choice when purchasing tickets.

Mrs. Lorenza Pastrick, principal, made the difficult decision on letting non-BNI guests attend the prom. If students want to bring an outside guest, they must contact Florek.. In the email please be sure to include your guest name, age and or grade and what school they attend.The theme for prom will be City Nights. It was voted on by the seniors and the theme goes along with the setting,” Florek said. “You can see the Chicago skyline from the park and this incorporates a lot of nice lighting and purple tone”. 

She also says that there were many challenges that went along with coming up with these ideas.“The challenges that have mostly involved planning a safe event that is also fun and gives seniors something memorable”, Florek says. There were many challenges for students as well, challenges like haven’t to decide if they even wanted to go to their senior prom. Reason being that it would be outside, we’d have to wear a mask, at first we couldn’t bring outside students, we have to pay for parking, restrictions are limited. This year would be different for every, but it’s what students want in return. Prom is such a rite of passage, but BNI wants to follow the guidelines.