Student Grand Opening of STREAM Lab on Nov. 19

Ceasar Perez, Staff Reporter

Bishop Noll students will attend a grand opening for the new STREAM lab on Nov. 19 during their theology classes. 

Principal, Mrs. Lorenza Pastrick explained that the grand opening should be a good and exciting time  for what the future of BNI holds. Vice Principal, Mr. Jaime Cavazos added that he wants the students to explore the lab and generate excitement for the STEM program.“Other schools have STEM programs, however we are the first to open all inclusive lab like this one,” Cavazos said.

Pastrick hopes to have snacks, a tour, and an independent time for students and teachers to explore. The lab, which takes the place of the former Whelan Activities Center, is going to be multi purposeful. Not only is it for school but, other activities. Cavazos also pointed out that there is a lot of potential use of the lab, from having small groups on the second floor, to having two classes collaborate on the main floor. Engineering teacher Mr. Brian Lambie, plans on initiating Robotics as a new extra-curricular for the 2020 school year.

Students can expect the STREAM lab to be available in January 2020 where all the STEM classes, Introduction to Engineering Design, Principles of Engineering, and Computer Science will be in the space.

“The beauty of this lab is that we are still looking for ways that all classes can utilize the space,” Cavazos said. “With time we will begin to become more creative about its use.”