Bishop Noll bowling starts season with much smaller team

James Beasley, Staff Writer

The Bishop Noll co-ed bowling team has quietly started their season with success.. Although the team has had to overcome absences due to illness and many former bowlers opting to remain virtual, the Warriors continue to be optimistic about the ongoing season.

Senior, Bethany Askew is one of the returning bowlers who will not be able to participate in this year’s season. The three year bowler expressed how difficult it’s been to watch the season from the outside looking in. Although she is no longer an active player of the team, Askew supports her team as much as she can. “I stay up to date by talking with my coach every other week and occasionally texting teammates if they aren’t too busy,” says Askew.

The number of players on the team have been greatly impacted by the ongoing pandemic. “The team is definitely a lot smaller because of the pandemic,” says first year bowler senior, Quetzali Concha. She is confident in the team’s progression as the season goes on. One of the key components of this year’s season is the team’s ability to remain on the same page, says Concha.
Many of the Warrior bowlers are new to the sport this year. Returning player, sophomore Jackson Montgomery, says the newcomers have done a great job of taking coaching and coming together as a team.

“Seeing the improvement in my teammates is the greatest accomplishment,” says Montgomery.